Author Topic: Holt District  (Read 4506 times)

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
Re: Holt District
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 10:33:34 am »

WELCOME TO ANOTHER UPDATE OF HD!

Well, RL has finally decided to calm down a enough for me to be once again able to play SimCity and get to publishing full Holt District updates. I thank everyone for your patience during the update drought, and I'm glad you all enjoyed the teasers. But enough of reviewing, let's get on with the show! Today's update is a continuation of update 12 - examining some major changes in the Sherkston CBD area. Development has really taken off, so much so I still haven't showcased everything. But, we'll get back to it eventually, there's lots to see in the rest of the region. :)

So let's go see the ever-changing skyline of Sherkston...

TOURING SHERKSTON CBD - PART 2

13.1 | Picking up where we left off - this complex has transformed the area. The terrain around the area was raised for its construction, creating a distinct new office/hotel area near the interchange of highways 82 and 182.

13.2 | A further out view of the area, one can see how much development in the area has transformed the skyline. The city council is plotting what to do with the empty grass surrounding the area.

13.3 | Moving from the outskirts to the heart of the CBD, the changes continue. Equity Tower is a new addition to the skyline, housing Bank Orchidsen's new HQ. It is the building with a diamond glass pattern on the edge of the building.

13.4 | The "heart" of the CBD is growing outwards towards Highway 182. The Sherkston Complexe, as it is currently known, is a 2-tower office complex housing nearly 20,000 workers. The naming rights are currently going through a bidding process with the developer, and the winner should be announced soon.

13.5 | Accross town, the same developer constructed 2 other towers of a simmilar design. This complex, the OrCable Centre, was completed at the same time. This complex also houses around 20 000 workers. These 2 developments alone have created further strain on the housing market, which can't keep up with the pace of demand...

13.6 | Elsewhere, Hogan Companies, Ltd. - a large franchise operator - was recently completed. The pink marble/brick building towers in the CBD, filling in a previously paved over lot. The lot was at once time a parking lot, but sold to a developer 10 years ago.

13.7 | ...and to finish off a large swath the heart of Sherkston's CBD. This is the first time a view this large of Sherkston has been provided. Don't expect this view to stay the same for long... developers are salivating at the thought of developing upwards in many areas around the CBD, and possibly developing the Toyota Centre's parking lot...

Holt District continues to explode in terms of development. All signs point to it not stopping, but is that realistic? I can answer that question for you... it sure can. Holt District shows no signs of crumbling, and even the most conservative of analysts expect the boom to continue. Stay tuned to find out more about #BOLDNEWHD

Durfsurn
Yes, I certainly will! Stay tuned for more details on what this is...

Frex_Ceafus
Thanks, it will be out soon...

blakesterville
I aim to please, glad you liked it. :D

cheesey
Good! Can't wait to see more out of Whitewater. :)

durfsurn
:O

durfsurn
Yes, completely. :P It goes with the teasers of HD I posted in Windemere pre-launch.

Hope you enjoyed the second part of the Sherkston CBD tour. Next update we will be moving on to elsewhere in the region... Stay tuned! :)

#BOLDNEWHD