Author Topic: Simopsis is 6 Months Old!  (Read 256 times)

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
Simopsis is 6 Months Old!
« on: October 21, 2012, 02:25:13 pm »
Hellllloooo Simopsis Members!

I would like to say a huge thank you to all of you! Today, October 21st, marks the 6 month birthday of Simopsis. We opened up on April 21st, running PhpBB 3 on Forumotion. We started very slow, and very small, there were 3 of us for over a month. We grew slowly, and eventually started top have interesting conversations start at our site.

We grew slowly, went through a few redesigns, and were moving along nicely. Things were certainly not easy, like I mentioned for the longest time we were only 3 members. (That was me, Durfsurn and Jack3oh3 - both of whom have not since joined us here at the new site.)

In August, we made the big move. And the rest, as they say, is history. We have flourished since we moved to the old site, surpassing posts and members within our first month here. Indeed, August 17-September 17 was the busiest 1 month period in our site's young history.

And we're not done yet. In the midst of our upgrade to Simopsis 2.1, we continue to grow. We are about to hit 500 posts. We have 17 members. And we continue to grow. We've just relaunched our portal, about to re-organize our forums, and should soon be looking a little refreshed. (hint hint, nudge nudge). ;)

I want to thank all of you for the journey thus far - it has been lots of fun! I hope we will continue to grow, and myself and the staff have a few ideas kicking around. While some of these will only happen in the long-term, nonetheless we are looking at how ot always improve the site. We hope we will continue to see you around. Without you, the members, we would not be here today. :)

So, thanks for the ride so far, and the first 6 months! I didn't think we would last this long, but we are going strong! Here's to another 6 months, and beyond. :)

Thanks, everyone!

-simLink
Simopsis Webmaster & Founder.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline Ceafus 88

• Administrator
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 5
  • Keep it professional, but keep it fun.
    • The Sim Kingdom
Re: Simopsis is 6 Months Old!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 09:41:16 pm »
Happy 6 month Anniversary!!!!

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
Re: Simopsis is 6 Months Old!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 12:21:17 am »
Happy 6 month Anniversary!!!!

Hopefully we can make it to 1 year, and laugh at how small the site was/is then/right now. :P