Author Topic: NHL Lockout  (Read 279 times)

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
NHL Lockout
« on: September 21, 2012, 09:30:26 pm »
So once again, for the second time in 7 years the NHL is experiencing a lockout. As a hockey fan, I am extremely annoyed. I have seen reports that the players are willing to play through the negotiation process, I.e. play as they negotiate a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).

The league has already cancelled pre-season games through to the end of this month, September 30th, and has also to my knowledge cancelled the Kraft Hockeyville game. (For those who don't know, that is a pre season game held in a Canadian city that won the Kraft Hockeyville competition, which is based on needing arena repairs and then voted on, etc.)

Hockey is my favourite sport, so it is annoying to once again be faced with a lockout. Fellow hockey fans, what are your thoughts? If you don't like hockey, how would you feel if your favourite sports league went through a lockout? The NHL has already lost a full season in 2004-2005, but hopefully that will not happen again this year and we will have at least a partial season...

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline brian50

• Resident
  • Reputation 8
Re: NHL Lockout
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 10:36:19 pm »
Ya I really feel for you link !
I kinda like hockey a lot too
So for the sake of both us, hopefully they can
get this resolved quickly !

brian

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
Re: NHL Lockout
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 07:41:09 pm »
Well, as of right now they have cancelled the first 2 weeks of the season.
For some reason I have this feeling we won't be seeing any hockey anytime soon...