Author Topic: Holt District  (Read 4345 times)

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
Re: Holt District
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »

WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER 2012 REFERENDUM!

I have been meaning to have more participation in this MD, and have more votes on key developments. So, to hit 2 birds with one stone I created the HD November 2012 Referendum. In this referendum, you will be taking the place of the citizens of HD. You will be voting on 4 proposals - 2 infrastructure proposals, 1 development proposal and a municipality re-organization.

This is how the referendum will work:

1. Voting opens as of this post on each site HD is published. You will be able to vote in the ST CJ Section, ST CJ Forums, SC4Devotion, Simmania and Simopsis.
2. You may vote as many times as you wish, on as many sites as you wish. maximum This is for the maximum number of votes.
3. Do not double post/double comment.This will result in not only those 2 ballots becoming null and void - but ALL your votes in that section of Holt District.
4. You MUST vote for all 4 proposals. If you do not respond to one, your entire ballot will not count.

What are you voting on?
As mentioned, you are voting on 4 proposals. Proposal 1I, Proposal 2D, Proposal 3ID, Proposal 4M.
Pictures and full descriptions will appear on the "ballot" below.

Proposal 1I: Proposal to extend an avenue in the City of Sherkston.
Proposal 2D: A mixed-use, medium density, development in Manatee.
Proposal 3ID: The creation of the "Manatee-Norecount" connection. The redevelopment of the right of way with road constructed.
Proposal 4M: The re-organization of the Township of Northwest Holt and Township of Saltfield into towns. The creation of town councils for each municipality.

THE BALLOT:

Proposal 1I: Proposal to extend an avenue in the City of Sherkston.

The below diagram displays the proposed extension of Callahan Avenue in the City of Sherkston. This avenue is in the western portion of the city. The development is no part of the proposal, but rather there to illustrate future considerations.

Q: Are you in favour of Proposal 1I, the proposal to extend Callahan Avenue in the City of Sherkston?

[  ] YES
[  ] NO

Proposal 2D: A mixed-use, medium density, development in Manatee.

The below diagram illustrates the proposed development which would see the development of land between Highway 40 and existing residential development. The proposed development is 100% medium-density, allowing for medium sized residential condominums (up to 7 levels) -  and medium-density commercial development. Commercial development includes medium density retail and office space. Prohibited uses for commercial portion would include low-density retail (i.e. big-box stores).

Q: Are you in favour of Proposal 2D - the proposal of medium-density development in the area bounded by Highway 40 in the City of Manatee?

[  ] YES
[  ] NO

Proposal 3ID: The creation of the "Manatee-Norecount" connection. The redevelopment of the right of way with road constructed.

The images below outline the proposal to create the "Manatee-Norecount" connector. This would be a north-south route connecting the 2 municipalities. In Manatee the project starts at a current t-intersection. In Norecount it ends at Regional Road 43. In the below diagrams, yellow indicates the primary route of the new 4-lane avenue. The avenue would transition to 5 lanes within Norecount. White dashed lines indicate residential/side-streets that would be extended and intersect with the connector.

In Norecount, the outlined redevelopment of the remaining ROW have been proposed. There is currently no proposal for ROW development in Manatee.

Q: Are you in favour of Proposal 3ID - The construction of the "Manatee-Norecount Connector" in City of Manatee and Town of Norecount and redevelopment of the remaining ROW in the Town of Norecount?

[  ] YES
[  ] NO

Proposal 4M: The re-organization of the Township of Northwest Holt and Township of Saltfield into towns. The creation of town councils for each municipality.

This proposal is proposing the re-organization of 2 existing townships in Holt District - the Township of Northwest Holt and Township of Saltfield. These townships have seen significant growth beyond their original rural municpality standing. Management of these townships directly has lead to a strain on regional resources, and under-representation of these municipality's residents. This proposal would re-incorporated the after mentioned municipalities into Towns. Each municipality would then elect a municipal council, which would report to the region.

Under this proposal, residents of the effected municipalities would be able to enter a contest to name their re-organized municipality. Entries selected by regional council would then be put to a general vote. The winning names in each municipality would be used as their new name, and used in all incorporation documents, etc. There will also be an option for the municipalities to keep their current name (i.e. Town of Northwest Holt, Town of Saltfield)

Q: Are you in favour of Proposal 4M - the proposal to re-organize the Region's Townships into Town status, with the option of a naming contest?

[  ] YES
[  ] NO

And that is the ballot! Please note you must answer yes/no for ALL questions, or your ballot will be deemed void. ;) Also note: answered to proposals should be Yes/No only. Comments about the proposals are welcome either before or after your "ballot." :)

---

How should I respond with my "ballot"?

Any form is fine, as long as you answer yes no. The preferred method, however, is as followed:

Proposal 1I: Yes/No
Proposal 2D: Yes/No

Proposal 3DI: Yes/No
Proposal 4M: Yes/No

Do I have to answer all "yes" or all "no"?
No, not at all! Feel free to vote yes/no on any, with different combinations. You are voting on a per proposal basis. :)

When does voting stop?
Voting closes on Monday, November 12th at 6:00 PM EST.

Where can I vote, again?

-Simopsis
-Simmania
-Simtropolis CJ Forum
-Simtropolis CJ Section
-SC4Devotion

That does it for the proposals and how to vote!
This is, I think, a fun way to get everyone active and participate in this CJ!

So, with the opportunity to affect where the region goes next - VOTE! Without your participation, this isn't all that fun. :P Remember, you can vote as many times as you wish, in as many editions of HD as you wish, so long as you don't double posting. Voting will remain open until the indicated time above. At that point, voting will close and results will likely be published the next day.

Periodic updates will be given as well. :)

THANKS FOR READING- NOW MAKE YOUR VOICE COUNT!