Author Topic: Land Acquisistion  (Read 350 times)

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
Land Acquisistion
« on: September 19, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »
One of the (few) features I actually liked from City Life (the predecessor to Cities XL) is that it allowed you to expand your city buy purchasing surrounding parcels of land. You would be contrained to a square tile, however each section of land you could buy was not necessarily square. As you needed more land (and you could afford to buy more land) you could expand the size of your city.

This is a feature that would be cool to have in SC2013. While it won't happen since development is so far now, we can always dream, can't we? What do you think of this idea - especially given the relatively small city tile size in SC2013?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
  • Why? Because we all like tacos, no?
Re: Land Acquisistion
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:31:17 pm »
I could definitely foresee this coming as a mod or DLC pack in the future, very great idea here. Although you're right about it not coming in game now that development is so far completed.

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
Re: Land Acquisistion
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 01:22:50 pm »
By the look of recent gameplay videos, it looks like cities in a region are not right next to each other. In offline mode, where you control all the cities, I think it would be cool to be able to buy the land between these cities.

You might as well have some use for the land between your cities.