Author Topic: Durham V2 - Whitewater Territory @ Simopsis  (Read 4328 times)

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
  • Why? Because we all like tacos, no?
Re: DUrham V2 - Whitewater Territory @ Simopsis
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 12:16:39 pm »

REPLIES

Simopsis
brian50: That is a nice job using those barriers to separate the farms from the rest
of your development josh. You will find the farms will survive longer if
you continue to use those white highway barriers to protect them.
Brian

Except for highway aesthetics it's the only reason I use them really. And they definitely are effecting at preserving the farms and preventing dilapidation, especially next to busy roads.

titanicbuff: whoo- a cross rail=- boy- if another train is comming a wreck occurs- you might wanna go over that.

That's why they came up with rail traffic signals :P

simLink: I've noticed a nice spike in rail interchanges recently... they are pretty cool and yours is no exception. :) I had one in my CJ region but it doesn't do much... eliminated one of the rail lines for now :P. Keep up the great work... should be interesting to see what happens with development thanks to the new rail line.

thank you!

SimMania
CoastRunner: This looks really nice! I like the way you set up your towns.[/quote]

111222333444: I like that wall, very charming from above (not so much on the ground) :P

mayorm: Interesting juntion for the railroads :). Why not go with a simple Y juntion?

thank you all! and to answer your question matt it's because I wanted something more unique and I hate the default Y junction on rails (very unsmooth as far as turns and its asking for a derailment)

The Sim Kingdom
(none)

Today we have the first region view (unless you count the maps I've shown of RailLink) in HD, 1850x700, super detailed closeup, in a png. You'll see a new one of these every 5 updates and they will be included in the OP for easy access.

It's a very large picture, in png so you may want to listen to some music or continue playing Minecraft while this is loading.

Transportation View

Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out these:

Website
Twitter