Author Topic: Durham V2 - Whitewater Territory @ Simopsis  (Read 4313 times)

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
Re: DUrham V2 - Whitewater Territory @ Simopsis
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 10:27:40 pm »
I've noticed a nice spike in rail interchanges recently... they are pretty cool and yours is no exception. :) I had one in my CJ region but it doesn't do much... eliminated one of the rail lines for now. :P

Keep up the great work... should be interesting to see what happens with development thanks to the new rail line.

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
  • Why? Because we all like tacos, no?
Re: DUrham V2 - Whitewater Territory @ Simopsis
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 12:16:39 pm »

REPLIES

Simopsis
brian50: That is a nice job using those barriers to separate the farms from the rest
of your development josh. You will find the farms will survive longer if
you continue to use those white highway barriers to protect them.
Brian

Except for highway aesthetics it's the only reason I use them really. And they definitely are effecting at preserving the farms and preventing dilapidation, especially next to busy roads.

titanicbuff: whoo- a cross rail=- boy- if another train is comming a wreck occurs- you might wanna go over that.

That's why they came up with rail traffic signals :P

simLink: I've noticed a nice spike in rail interchanges recently... they are pretty cool and yours is no exception. :) I had one in my CJ region but it doesn't do much... eliminated one of the rail lines for now :P. Keep up the great work... should be interesting to see what happens with development thanks to the new rail line.

thank you!

SimMania
CoastRunner: This looks really nice! I like the way you set up your towns.[/quote]

111222333444: I like that wall, very charming from above (not so much on the ground) :P

mayorm: Interesting juntion for the railroads :). Why not go with a simple Y juntion?

thank you all! and to answer your question matt it's because I wanted something more unique and I hate the default Y junction on rails (very unsmooth as far as turns and its asking for a derailment)

The Sim Kingdom
(none)

Today we have the first region view (unless you count the maps I've shown of RailLink) in HD, 1850x700, super detailed closeup, in a png. You'll see a new one of these every 5 updates and they will be included in the OP for easy access.

It's a very large picture, in png so you may want to listen to some music or continue playing Minecraft while this is loading.

Transportation View

Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out these:

Website
Twitter

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
Re: Durham V2 - Whitewater Territory @ Simopsis
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 05:34:22 pm »
Fantastic photo - the size of the region is immense... for me anyways. :P I get lost very easily in maps that are larger than about 7x7... 6x6 is pushing it. Though it does give plenty more room to play with I suppose. Either way the region is coming along nicely... I look forward to seeing how this eventually looks in the future. :)

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »

NewsWhitewater Version 1

simLink:: Fantastic photo - the size of the region is immense... for me anyways. :P I get lost very easily in maps that are larger than about 7x7... 6x6 is pushing it. Though it does give plenty more room to play with I suppose. Either way the region is coming along nicely... I look forward to seeing how this eventually looks in the future. :)

thanks!

Towncrafter: That's a nice region. What's that area of streets between White Settlementand Goldspire?
111222333444: Wow Nice region you have there D:
K50: That looks pretty cool :)
mayorm: Wow looks great Cheese :D
simLink: Pretteh region! I can't work with regions that size... I so easily get lost/discouraged. :P
samerton: That's such a huge region, and a huge picture too! Great work Cheese, I really like this DD.
forthwall: I like the region view

thank you all!

Frex_Ceafus: Sweet :D

thanks clayton!

and now, for the first publication of Whitewater's news website. It does often contain humorous bent, but that's just because real life news is so inheritedly funny.
We'll get back to regular updates next time, which will include more information on the first 2 stories.

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 12:26:48 pm »
Very nice newspaper, nice to see some of the local gossip, haha. :P The funny-tilt in some of the stories is a nice touch.

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 08:15:38 pm »

simLink: Very nice newspaper, nice to see some of the local gossip, haha.  The funny-tilt in some of the stories is a nice touch
thanks!

bben:This is really great Josh how you have broken this down
into separate categories. I really like this type of
setup for an MD :)
Great work here on this update ! your friend, Brian

thanks!

Towncrafter:That's great news. I don't ever say that. Fantastic work on that, cheese.
If it was good enough for both of us to like it then it must be really good news (nobody else would know what i'm talking about :P)

Frex_Ceafus: O wow, very very nice!!!!
kojak313: sweet

thank you both, and dean, thank you for taking the time to comment almost each of my entries :P

The Whitewater expansion project is a massive development project funded by the region council to house the flocks of people moving to the region. The project will create 5 new municipalities, 1 large subdivision, and 6 villages, all scattered across the region. Also, 3 new ferry routes, and a total of 5 new connector routes will be created, three of them being major. In addition the population in current cities is expected to increase nearly 40% over the next 2 game-years.

The new White Settlement subdivision is already halfway completed even before Goldspire began future residential development, instantly propelling White Settlement to population 11,000, temporarily making it the second largest city in the region.

With the sudden population increase came a sudden commercial demand increase, which was satisfied in Goldspire, primarily with the addition of several new low-density/low-wealth commercial zones as well as a mcdonalds..

The development project will come in various different entry, it'd simply be too long to post in one single entry.

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 10:23:35 am »
Whitewater is growing like a weed- reminds me of similar situations playing out across my region. Very nice work and I look forward to all this growth! :D

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 08:23:17 pm »

Update 9: A Walk Down the Nature Trail

simLink: Whitewater is growing like a weed- reminds me of similar situations playing out across my region. Very nice work and I look forward to all this growth! :D
thanks! I don't think whitewater is quite comparable to HD just yet :P

bben: Nice work here showing the connections between growing residential and how this effects commercial services demands in a younger city Josh :D
K50: Looks awesome Josh :)
111222333444: I like that town :)
samerton: Since your early DDs and screenshots, you've come a very long way Cheese. This is definitely included in the realistic SimCity 4 category, I really look forward to seeing another update.
CoastRunner: Very nice work here, your work now reminds me a lot of CSG's, except you have more CC.
titanicbuff: beautiful city- Wish mine looked like that

thanks you guys :)

kojak313: Oh this is sweet. Very, very sweet. And you're welcome.
Frex_Ceafus: Very well layed out, and looks so amazing!!!
thank you both :)

Meet John Lancaster. John is a nature-loving person who wanders out into the most remote areas in the most beautiful places in the world. He goes where nobody else would set foot, except somebody has set foot here.

Off of the main road into the new White Settlement subdivision is a narrow trail consisting of packed mud. John wrote in his diary later the experiences he had while on this trail.

John turned around and ran back to town as fast as he could to report this secretly-built coal mine.

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 01:28:18 pm »
Awesome concept, overlaying the diary text to the pictures. Amazing scenery, too. Will be interesting to see where this coal mine goes... :)

Offline Forthwall

• Newcomer
  • Reputation 0
  • 2Chainz
    • CINL
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 12:39:58 pm »
Great Work Man.

Offline Darth Apple

• SPEX Administrator
  • Local Legend
  • Reputation 0
    • Simmania
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 06:49:16 pm »
I like the feel and overall style of your cities. They look really nice, and the trees and beaches really add a lot.

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 06:59:01 pm »

Update 10: Whitewater Expansion Project Part 2

simLink: Awesome concept, overlaying the diary text to the pictures. Amazing scenery, too. Will be interesting to see where this coal mine goes... :)

Forthwall: Great Work Man.

blakesterville: I like the feel and overall style of your cities. They look really nice, and the trees and beaches really add a lot.

thanks everyone

bben: Unique perspective from the "day in a life" of an
ordinary Sim.  :D

In addition very nice landscape work here Josh.

Thanks, Brian

titanicbuff: stunning!!!!

Towncrafter: That looks very nice, cheese. I'm glad you did first person perspective in your sc4 journal like what you did in the minecraft journal you once had.

samerton: That's a brilliant path, very nice flora :)

mayorm: Love the perspective and the landscapes :D

111222333444: Nice Perspectives! Makes me wanna go there :D

thanks everyone, i'll do more updates like this later tc

none due to site troubles

Frex_Ceafus: The most realistic one I have ever seen!!!

kojak313: Very good.

thank you both

The Whitewater Expansion Project is moving along. Over the course of one year Goldspire and Whitewater Run have expanded nearly 10%, with the founding of a new municipality, Greely, and the founding of a village, Norwood.

The northern edge of the Southwest Nature Reserve near Greely.

The town's busiest intersection.

And now we'll take a quick look at Norwood...

And the growth in Whitewater Run..

Farms on the east side of the river...
:'(

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 07:09:20 pm »
Fantastic update! I don't know why, but I love the look of those power lines in the first photo. And the intersection in the second photo.

Very nice job. :)

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 01:41:22 am »

Update 11: A Walk Down the Nature Trail Part 2

simLink: Fantastic update! I don't know why, but I love the look of those power lines in the first photo. And the intersection in the second photo.

Very nice job.

thank you

Towncrafter: I like the green spaces in the middle of the houses. Both towns look great, and those farms are fabulous. Great work again, Cheese. :)

bben: Nice set of pics, but I especially love the
look of the farms your developing

Brian

love the farms... :P

kojak313: Very nice. Brooklyn Metro will have to start getting our fruits and veggies from your region.

meanwhile our diseased citizens will have to be transported to your hospitals :P

John Lancaster made his way down the ten mile trail back to town as fast as he could. Unable to run back due to the excessive length and his age, it took him 4 hours to reach the police station.  By that time it was already 5:00 in the afternoon. He approached the attendant at the front desk frantically.

"Um, can I help you?"
"Yes, south of here, about 10 miles, there's a huge coal mine... I don't know who built it or what it's doing there..."
"I can assure you that there's nothing but complete wilderness 10 miles south of here."
"I'm serious, there is, at the end of that trail."
"OK, we'll send some guys down through there first thing tomorrow morning."

First thing in the morning meant 7:00 AM, as the first glimpses of sunlight showed up on the autumn morning. Lancaster wasn't lying. Sitting right there was a massive coal mine, completed with storage sheds, bulldozers, wood piles, and even 4 minecart tracks. Lamps across the field had already been turned on.

The team of investigators scoured out the main building, but to no avail. But then, a rustling in the nearby trees gave away the position of 4 people. The investigators immediately captured the suspects.

Something wasn't right about these people. Absolutely unruly, standing up hair, severely torn white T-shirts and similar blue jeans. They hadn't bathed in weeks, and their appearance and smell bore witness. These hill billies were in search of fortune. Coal is of absolute value in Whitewater, after all.

It was a highly unpleasant surprise when the gang was brought into the police station for their mug shots... even worse in the police cars which didn't have those little fancy car air fresheners...

The coal mine would later be burned down. The suspects were later sentenced to 10 years in the regional prison.

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2012, 01:09:22 pm »
Very interesting turn of events, regarding the coal mine. I certainly didn't expect it to be burnt down. The lack of air freshness in the police cars adds a funny twist. :P