Author Topic: Holt District  (Read 4302 times)

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
  • 3 is my favourite number.
Re: Holt District
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 11:40:26 pm »
Meanwhile, elsewhere in Holt District...
Where did all these lights come from?!

Growth has surpassed "fast" in Holt District... and shows no signs of cracking.
It only shows signs of getting even faster.

Offline Ceafus 88

• Administrator
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 5
  • Keep it professional, but keep it fun.
    • The Sim Kingdom
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 11:32:38 am »
Very Lovely Updates!!!

Offline Durfsurn

• Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 1
  • Some call me nerds, I call them jealous.
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 06:45:40 pm »
Nice shot!

Tywei and Surrounding Areas at
Simtropolis
Simopsis
cheesesc4
and coming soon to Sim City 4 Devotion!
[/size][/font]

Offline Darth Apple

• SPEX Administrator
  • Local Legend
  • Reputation 0
    • Simmania
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 04:47:23 pm »
Looks awesome. I love urban night pics. :D

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 05:57:51 pm »

WELCOME TO ANOTHER HD UPDATE!

In Holt District, residents look up at the ever-changing skyline in awe almost daily. It seems like every day a new crane has popped up, soon to be followed by a building. Nowhere is this more evident than the area surrounding Downtown Sherkston. As demand for residential space and commercial space has boomed, so has the skyline in Sherkston. Downtown Sherkston is getting bigger, both in terms of buildings in size and the physical area it covers. Demand for space in the area is red hot, and developers continue to try to keep pace with demand.

The population of Sherkston is booming, something we will look at in the December census. Things are dramatically different. There is so much to see that our tour of the drastically different Sherkston will be split into 2 updates... though part of that is also SC4 continuing to cause me problems. :P

So onward to part 1 of 2. :)
Also, hope you like the new banners!

The Bright City Lights Get Brighter - Part 1

12.1 | The morning sun is rising and so another day begins in the region. Within minutes the sound of jackhammers, cement trucks and other construction will fill the air. We are looking at one of the few pieces near Downtown Sherkston along Highway 40 to remain undeveloped. But don't get used to it - a condominium development was recently approved for the site.

12.2 | As the day continues we find ourselved just north of that empty piece of land. This what the future holds for that land. This former greenfield site has been developed as high-priced condominiums. Looking over the highway, you'd think prices would take a hit. On the contrary, these condos are expensive due to the proximity to downtown, the Toyota Centre and the elevated rail system.

12.3 | As mentioned, development has gotten red-hot in Sherkston. Areas surrounding the downtown core are some of the most desirably, as evident by the amount of new buildings under construction... and the sheer number of cranes littering the skyline.

12.4 | The elevated rail system, which for a long time went unused, has seen increased importance as development increases. As the roads become increasingly clogged, residents are finally turning to public transit. The region is actually evaluating expanding the system. There is, of course, construction in this photo as well. These future condominiums will contributed to the already double-digit percentage growth the city has seen since the last census.

12.5 | Not all projects are high-class, however. These condominiums which are in the mid-price range for Sherkston may not be the fanciest condos ever, or in the nicest-looking complexe ever, however they were filled within 2 weeks of going on the market. Signs show that the market will not soon slow down, which has some worried. However, as analysts point out, household debt to income ratio is at an all time low in the region, as is household debt in general.

12.6 | Perhaps one of the most interesting aspects of development is thinking about what an area looked like before construction. This photo showcasing a new mega-complex of condos, a hotel complex and office buildings was not too long ago just a grass field with a "FOR SALE" sign. Look at it now... this scene is playing out across the city and the region.

Growth has exploded in the region, and demand shows no signs of weakening. Is this a bubble? Some say yes, but most say no. Debt is at record-lows and interest rates are not rock-bottom, either. The growth, although massive and extremely fast, is organic.

...and as it continues the Region may release a BOLD NEW plan. Afterall, where would those stadium plans have leaked from?
...and where on Earth did that rumour of a new CBD come from?
...and what does #BOLDNEWHD mean?

Stay tuned... things are just starting.

#BOLDNEWHD

Frex_Ceafus
Thanks, glad you think so. :D

Durfsurn
Glad you like it, hope you liked the day view as well!

blakesterville
Thanks, me too. They always look... awesome. :D

Hope you enjoyed part 1! Stay tuned for update 13, we will continue to look at changes in Sherkston.
...and continue to be teased about #BOLDNEWHD...

#BOLDNEWHD --- IT'S COMING

Offline Durfsurn

• Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 1
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 04:16:20 am »
YOU alone will BOLDLY go where NO man has gone before!

Simtropolis
Simopsis
cheesesc4
[/size][/font]

Offline Ceafus 88

• Administrator
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 5
  • Keep it professional, but keep it fun.
    • The Sim Kingdom
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 08:24:40 am »
So awesome, cannot wait!

Offline Darth Apple

• SPEX Administrator
  • Local Legend
  • Reputation 0
    • Simmania
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 08:25:41 pm »
I stand blown away. Great work!

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
  • Why? Because we all like tacos, no?
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 10:02:56 pm »
very impressive, inspires me to get back to work on rebuilding my region. lol

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 06:52:27 pm »
IT'S COMING
#BOLDNEWHD

Some wonder what this trailer is doing in the middle of nowhere.
Some wonder what's going on inside.
Others wonder why the people who installed the trailer didn't move the rocks that are out front...

But know this: That trailer... is completely innocent.

[

Offline Durfsurn

• Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 1
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:41 pm »
:O

Simtropolis
Simopsis
cheesesc4
[/size][/font]

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 09:16:03 pm »

TEASERS ARE FUN.
SO HERE ARE SOME MORE WHILE YOU WAIT...

Teaser 1: Sprawl is really taking root in Holt District. With new restrictions of lots needing to be only 1x1 tile, developments like this have begun showing up:

...now. Which house is mine?

Teaser 2: As requested by SimCoug, here's a region view. Sort of, anyways.

...Hey, I think I can see my house from here! :P

...more teasers and innocence to come before the next update!

Offline Durfsurn

• Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 1
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 12:33:50 am »
Innocent?

Simtropolis
Simopsis
cheesesc4
[/size][/font]

Offline simlink ♔

• Simopsis Founder
  • Webmaster
  • Simopsis Legend
  • Reputation 13
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2012, 10:33:34 am »

WELCOME TO ANOTHER UPDATE OF HD!

Well, RL has finally decided to calm down a enough for me to be once again able to play SimCity and get to publishing full Holt District updates. I thank everyone for your patience during the update drought, and I'm glad you all enjoyed the teasers. But enough of reviewing, let's get on with the show! Today's update is a continuation of update 12 - examining some major changes in the Sherkston CBD area. Development has really taken off, so much so I still haven't showcased everything. But, we'll get back to it eventually, there's lots to see in the rest of the region. :)

So let's go see the ever-changing skyline of Sherkston...

TOURING SHERKSTON CBD - PART 2

13.1 | Picking up where we left off - this complex has transformed the area. The terrain around the area was raised for its construction, creating a distinct new office/hotel area near the interchange of highways 82 and 182.

13.2 | A further out view of the area, one can see how much development in the area has transformed the skyline. The city council is plotting what to do with the empty grass surrounding the area.

13.3 | Moving from the outskirts to the heart of the CBD, the changes continue. Equity Tower is a new addition to the skyline, housing Bank Orchidsen's new HQ. It is the building with a diamond glass pattern on the edge of the building.

13.4 | The "heart" of the CBD is growing outwards towards Highway 182. The Sherkston Complexe, as it is currently known, is a 2-tower office complex housing nearly 20,000 workers. The naming rights are currently going through a bidding process with the developer, and the winner should be announced soon.

13.5 | Accross town, the same developer constructed 2 other towers of a simmilar design. This complex, the OrCable Centre, was completed at the same time. This complex also houses around 20 000 workers. These 2 developments alone have created further strain on the housing market, which can't keep up with the pace of demand...

13.6 | Elsewhere, Hogan Companies, Ltd. - a large franchise operator - was recently completed. The pink marble/brick building towers in the CBD, filling in a previously paved over lot. The lot was at once time a parking lot, but sold to a developer 10 years ago.

13.7 | ...and to finish off a large swath the heart of Sherkston's CBD. This is the first time a view this large of Sherkston has been provided. Don't expect this view to stay the same for long... developers are salivating at the thought of developing upwards in many areas around the CBD, and possibly developing the Toyota Centre's parking lot...

Holt District continues to explode in terms of development. All signs point to it not stopping, but is that realistic? I can answer that question for you... it sure can. Holt District shows no signs of crumbling, and even the most conservative of analysts expect the boom to continue. Stay tuned to find out more about #BOLDNEWHD

Durfsurn
Yes, I certainly will! Stay tuned for more details on what this is...

Frex_Ceafus
Thanks, it will be out soon...

blakesterville
I aim to please, glad you liked it. :D

cheesey
Good! Can't wait to see more out of Whitewater. :)

durfsurn
:O

durfsurn
Yes, completely. :P It goes with the teasers of HD I posted in Windemere pre-launch.

Hope you enjoyed the second part of the Sherkston CBD tour. Next update we will be moving on to elsewhere in the region... Stay tuned! :)

#BOLDNEWHD

Offline cheesey

• Global Moderator
  • Simopsis Expert
  • Reputation 8
  • Why? Because we all like tacos, no?
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 11:46:09 am »
wow, this is great!